Sunday, April 24, 2005

新教牧师Martin Niemoeller的那段名言 (刻于Boston Holocaust Memorial)

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up."


This statement, attributed to Pastor Martin Niemoeller, has become a legendary expression of the lesson of the Holocaust. Ironically, Niemoller had delivered antisemitic sermons early in the Nazi regime. He later opposed Hitler and was sent to a concentration camp.


Statement of Pastor Martin Niemoeller @ Boston Holocaust Memorial


Boston Holocaust Memorial

(Photos taken on 4/16/2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home